The Democratic Communicators Network (DCNet) is a professional association to strengthen and connect Democratic message operations. Membership is open to all current and former Democratic Congressional and executive branch communications staff. Other Democratic communications professionals may join with a personal reference from a DCNet member.
DCNet was founded in 2007 by Congressional staffers to bring communicators together to share their personal expertise, learn new skills, brainstorm strategies and build alliances on and off the Hill in order to strengthen Democratic message making.
Hundreds of current and former communicators from the House, Senate, and the Administration regularly participate in DCNet’s networking and professional development activities. The DCN Wire updates members about upcoming events and other ways to get involved.
Here are examples of what we provide to our members throughout the year:
- Mentoring for new communications staff
- Training Workshops on essential communications skills
- Distinguished Speakers providing inside access to the nation’s top communicators
- Roundtable Discussions to share practical press ideas and experiences
- Networking Events to bring together flacks from on and off the Hill
- Field trips to newsrooms in D.C. and New York
- Job advice and listings
All events are planned by DCNet board members. If you have a suggestion or would like to help organize an event, please be in touch!
You can sign up for DCNet program email updates through this link.